Wednesday, February 6, 2019

2019 Welcome!

Dear friends and supporters of Lesibovu,

Since we have some new sponsors added recently, I felt it would be a good time to thank you for your involvement in the CarePoint in eSwatini. I first visited Swaziland/eSwatini, Africa in May of 2012, never imagining what an impact that trip would have on my life. That story is mostly documented here on our blog, so I won't share all the details here. I was challenged by the joy and faith I saw in many lives whose daily circumstances seemed very hard, and committed to becoming involved in some way after that week. It has been incredible to see the growth and progress of the community at Lesibovu, and in individual families whose children have been able to attend school and learn skills, adults who have gained opportunity to work because of time invested in training them and providing options that they didn't have before. More importantly, there is hope ("litsemba" in SiSwati) for hundreds of folks because of sponsors like you who monthly donate to insure food, education, and healthcare needs are met for those who are committed to attending the CarePoint. THANK YOU!!

I will share another update later about progress made in the last year or so at Lesibovu, which has been so wonderful, largely due to Teri Harmon's investment of her time and resources to this precious place. We are so grateful for the ways she's given!

Please let me know anytime you have questions about your sponsorship or Lesibovu in general. I know some of our special friends have recently moved and so you may have a new child connected to you. We have faced the same situation and are just glad we can get to know another child through letters and hopefully a visit later! Don't forget to send a quick note to your child when you can - they love hearing from their American friends so much! Here's that link if you need it: http://lesibovu.hopechest.org/write-child/.

No comments:

Post a Comment